Wear an outfit that you feel comfortable and confident in. It will help you feel your best. I always recommend trying on your outfits that you plan to wear a few days before your session so you can make sure you love how you look!
Take a few deep breaths and try to relax before your session starts. Pro tip: Arrive early for your session and listen to music in your car to get your vibe going!
Practice your pose!
Practice your poses in the mirror beforehand to get a better sense of what looks good on camera and what doesn't.
Read your Prep Guide
At least 1 week before your session, I will e-mail a prep guide that covers everything you need to know! Here is a sample of what you'll get:
- Hair & Make-up. This should be done at least 2 hours before our session starts. Your hair & make-up should reflect your personality.
- Props. Your Laptop, notebook, coffee mug, or any materials you use as a professional.
- Wardrobe ideas- Try to avoid anything with big logos or busy patterns.
- Bad Weather + Rescheduling- I'll recommend location options if it rains so that we can move the session indoors or we can reschedule for a future date.
- Time Management- Give yourself an extra 15 minutes to find parking and to walk to your meetup spot. It can take longer than you think if you are going to somewhere new.
Bring a friend
Bring a friend or family member along if you feel more comfortable with them there. It feels so good having your friend in the background say, "Wait, let me fix this piece of hair for her".